We’ve already noted that 20 to 25 percent of first nose jobs leave patients unhappy. Having been burned once, patients looking for a revision nose job are twice, three times and more cautious.
Many in distant states and nations consider coming to Beverly Hills for a revision nose job. Why? Here are their top 5 reasons.
- Beverly Hills is also a busy, thriving medical campus. During a typical day, you’ll see every fifth person is a plastic surgeon in surgical scrubs. So Beverly Hills has a tremendously high number of super-specialist cosmetic plastic surgeons. Revision rhinoplasty is a much more difficult surgery than a first nose job so some cosmetic surgeons specialize in the revision nose job, performing it weekly.
(Read more about cosmetic surgery super-specialization.)
2. If you need a quick, before-surgery check by, say, a dermatologist, your journey often amounts to a walk across the street, or two streets, on your lunch hour. All type of medical specialists are near your surgeon’s office.
3. An entire support industry exists helping Beverly Hills’ cosmetic plastic surgeons. Most surgeons have arrangements with hotels – some within walking distance of the surgeon’s office – that lower fees for visiting patients. Special recovery houses have sprung up to tend patients after surgery. Equipped with nursing staff and transportation to and from surgeons’ offices, the recovery hideaways are far, far less expensive than hospital care.
4. Los Angeles International Airport is only twenty minutes from Beverly Hills. Friends, spouses and children often make the trip with the patient to enjoy the beach, theater, museums and world-class restaurants. Nose job revision patients are free to go along, usually after one or two days of rest.
5. One service of extreme interest to revision nose job patients is the availability of, and expertise in, permanent, non-surgical rhinoplasty which avoids the operating room altogether. Many cosmetic plastic surgeons offer temporary non-surgical rhinoplasty. The permanent procedure is also offered on the American East Coast but, west of the Mississippi, only by one Beverly Hills cosmetic plastic surgeon.